Tuesday, September 21, 2010

VBS Video

Not a video.... yet. This is the idea for a kids daily video that has highlights from the day before and a special skit. Here is one for Thursday (but shot on Wednesday night upon the delivery of the dunk tank).

Shot opens with close-up of water in tank filling up and almost full. Pan out to see the hose and Ms. J filling the tank. She is wearing jeans, a black V-neck t-shirt, and flip-flops. M approaches from the right (stage left) crossing in front of the tank, checking it out.

M: Hi J, what are you doing?
J: Hi M! I'm just filling up the dunk tank.
M: The dunk tank? What's that?
J: This is a dunk tank. Haven't you ever seen one before?
M: Nope. Never. What is it?
J: It's a really fun game. I'm sitting in it on Friday at the carnival and the kids are going to have a chance to dunk their counselors today.
M: How do you play it? What's the object of the game?
J: The object of the game is try and make the person sitting up there fall in the water.
M: Huh? How do you get a person up there?
J: Here, let me show you. She slips off her flip-flops and climbs up the ladder of the tank and sits on the seat. I climb up here like this and then sit on this seat. I get to make fun of people and then nervously wait for someone to dunk me in the water.
M: But if you're sitting on the seat, how do you fall in the water?
J: See those balls over there?
M: Picks up a few softballs in a basket. You mean these?
J: Yes. People will throw those balls at this target here. Points to the target.
M: And what happens when they hit the target. As M throws a ball at the target.
J: NO M WAIT!!!!!!!!
The ball hits the target and J gets dunked in the water. M kind of panics a bit, not realizing what would happen.
M: Oh, I guess THAT'S how you fall in the water.
J: Yes, M. That's how it works. AGH! Look at me! I'm soaked!
3 little kids come up to M as J climbs out of the water and sits partially back on the seat.
Kid: Hey mister, can we throw some balls to try and dunk the lady?
M: Well, I don't see why not.... Hey J, can these kids throw some balls? I mean, you are already wet.
J: As she positions herself back on the seat and says reluctantly. I guess so. I might as well. Besides, they're little kids. How good a shot could they be?
Cut to shot of a kid throwing the ball, then a shot of the ball hitting the target, then several shots of J getting dunked from many different angles. Intersperse kids throwing and the target being hit. She gets dunked about 10-15 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment