Thursday, June 23, 2011

YES!!! FINALLY!!!!

It is finally happening again. Just reserved a dunk tank for VBS this year. Everyone in on organizing it was very excited about doing it. Even J feels comfortable doing this one. Hopefully she will sit up there often over the three days we have it.

OK, a bit of a confession here... possibly some therapy. I have been in a pissy mood recently because J didn't sit in a dunk tank she was invited to sit in. I unfortunately am also getting the feeling she really does not like sitting in a dunk tank. I mean, I know it's not her favorite thing to do, but she made me feel years ago like she always wanted to sit in one because they looked fun. Then she got in one in Cow-town and it was fine because she was running it and it was a very well built tank.

Three years later, she sat in one of the old model Twister Display Easy Dunkers. She was nervous because it was not a group she was involved with. I just kind of asked the guy if she could sit up there. She was OK with it until she got there when she got nervous. After she got in there, it was fine and with the exception of the seat smacking her in the back on every dunk, it was OK. She got dunked a LOT at this one.

Five years later, she sits in one that was asking for volunteers. I volunteered her, but she was reluctantly agreeable. Hey, they asked for volunteers. Anyway, she got in this one and the water was FREEEEEEEEEEZING cold. She played it up a bit, but was uncomfortable on the seat, freezing cold, shivering.

This one kind of changed everything. After that, the dunk tank wasn't as fun for her. She gives me comments how she'll do it to make me happy, but it's not her thing. She says she doesn't MIND doing it, but doesn't look for it. Well, if she didn't mind doing it, why not get in any one I can finagle? I think the truth is that she really doesn't like it at all. She's just doing this for me.

The problem is I get so obsessed with them that I can't work. I can't focus on anything. I must see her in a dunk tank. Like Percy Grainger oddly showed love by S&M, getting her in a dunk tank is the ultimate "Thing" for me. It's odd. I know. I can't help it.

Not sure what to do. We have this tank for three days. She tells me she'll sit up there the last day at the carnival and maybe on the setup day once or twice. Carnival... yes. Setup day.... come on, at LEAST 10 minutes. Then the Thursday, I think we should utilize it while we have it. She doesn't even want me to video record it very much. I want to remember these moments for years. That's what keeps me sane.

Anyway, we have it. We're doing it. She's getting dunked again. I will be happy. It looks like we may be able to have the dunk tank at VBS every year now too. I guess I should be able to live with that and not be so greedy. Some guys wives don't EVER entertain their little fetish. I guess I should be happy. My problem is that I want very specific actions, and if I don't get those "moments," it's like getting half of a massage.

I know I sound like an ass, but I can't help how I feel. All will work out. She'll get dunked some and I will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment